OpTech: A Michigan Cyber Security Success Story
Based in Troy, Michigan, OpTech is a premier IT solutions provider with an outstanding track record in cybersecurity. It is now also the only Michigan-based firm to have been awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity prime contract by the Department of Homeland Security under the Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions II (EAGLE II) contract in the Functional Category 1 8(a) track.
This distinction, however, should come as no surprise to those in the IT industry. OpTech’s key clients include Fortune 1000 companies and the federal government. It has a stellar reputation for delivering quality service. And the company has expertise in a wide range of cybersecurity services including:
- Vulnerability and Security Assessments
- Monitoring and Traffic Analysis
- Penetration Testing
- Digital Forensics
- Mobile Device Security
The strength of OpTech is its founder and President/CEO, Ronia Kruse. Under her leadership, this small, woman-owned company has experienced enviable growth in revenue, employees and clients.
Prior to starting Optech, Ms. Kruse served as an international tax consultant for Deloitte & Touche. Her areas of specialty were international tax planning; business process improvement and efficiencies; and developing financial applications. She also worked as an auditor for Fortune 500 firms at Coopers & Lybrand. In addition, she served as an adjunct professor in the Master of Science Taxation program at Wayne State University.
Ms. Kruse and her company have gained a great deal of attention and respect:
- Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies (Inc. Magazine)
- Crain’s Cool Places to Work in Michigan (Crain’s Detroit Magazine)
- National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For (National Business and Professional Association)
- 40 Under 40 (Crain’s Detroit Business)
- 2011 Entrepreneur of Distinction (The Center for Empowerment and Economic Development)
- Top 10 Women in Business (National Association of Women Business Owners)
- Public Policy Advocate of the Year (National Association of Women Business Owners)
So, what’s this “homegrown Michigan” company’s secret to success?
“OpTech is working with organizations within the State (Michigan Defense Center, PTAC & MEDC), local Universities and other Michigan based companies to craft Cyber Security solutions that will provide outstanding value to DHS and hopefully hundreds of jobs for Michigan. This State has an outstanding educational system that graduates thousands of highly qualified students with Information Technology skills, and for years they have been promptly hired away by companies from other States. Our vision is to help make Michigan a center for Cyber Security and provide hundreds of high quality jobs to keep those students here in the State. “
The Michigan Defense Center shares this vision. Congratulations to OpTech—another Michigan success story!